Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My First Radio Appearance (BBC Radio Oxford)

Today, I was on the radio, as part of the book club feature of Jo in the Afternoon on BBC Radio Oxford.

This morning I was a bit nervous. I took two of my children over to my parents house (by 9am, quite a feat in the school hols) as they were going for a day out to the seaside.

Later, I took my four year old to a friend's house, stayed for coffee for an hour which was a nice distraction. Then I went home to "plan" but being at home on my own sent me into a spiral of nerves so I popped out to one of my favourite haunts to buy some bits and pieces and came home and then distracted myself again with some lunch and a flick through the Children's Writers' & Artists' Yearbook 2012.

I started listening to BBC Radio Oxford online at 1pm when the show started. It was as the show began and I heard the presenter saying they would be talking to me by name, that the nerves turned into excitement.

I had no idea what I was going to be asked, but I kept telling myself to listen, pause, answer, but I must admit I did have a couple of things I wanted to mention (apart from New Beginnings, obviously) and luckily Jo asked questions which enabled me to mention most of them.

The chat flew by, and by the end I was hoping it would go on for longer. It was a great experience and I hope it won't be the last time I am on the radio.

Many thanks to BBC Radio Oxford, who kindly sent me a copy of the interview to keep & share.





Post a Comment

0 Comments